Monday 17 November 2008

Man shocked at being run over by OAP!

Well here's something I found in our local rag that I thought might amuse you too.

Seems all this poor guy was doing was taking his dogs for a walk to the shops when a lunatic OAP (aged 89) ran him over! Obviously not only sight impaired but also hearing impaired, this 'hit and run' old gent calmly parked his car and went shopping while his victim lay groaning on the road with various broken bones, leaving bemused passersby to call an ambulance!

Police have not prosecuted as the OAP has voluntarily given up his driver's licence since the incident!

Link

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's terrible. I've always believe that at a certain age, your license should automatically be revoked! I'm glad to read this guy gave his up willingly, but it's a shame that it took something like this for him to do so.

Jayne, perhaps a helmet would be a wise investment on your daily walks.

Crystal Dawn

Jayne said...

I'm way ahead of you my dear - I rushed out and bought myself some FULL body armour! The only problem now is that with all the rain we've been having, I'm getting creaky joints.

Jayne :)